Well, folks, after over a year of quiet work, it’s time to start releasing stuff! As Harmonia approaches completion (if such a thing really exists!), I’m going to release monthly demos which contain everything finished thus far. This demo is of the battle engine – can you survive ~15 rounds of monsters swarming your force?! Download and install Harmonia from itch.io, and test your skills!
This is just a preview of the combat system. The “real” game will have much, much more adventuring 🙂
What’s in this demo?
- The Battle Arena – Harmonia’s first official mod!
- Harmonia’s strategic combat system (excluding magic and skills)
- 5 difficulties, from “Newbie” to “Impossible”.
- An early version of the inventory and equipment management system
- Three biomes: plains/forest, crystal forest, and swamp
- 20 different monsters to defeat in the arena
- A revamped interface, introducing single player mode
What will (or should) be the next release?
- Working magic and skill interface for players
- Multiplayer support, with cooperative and deathmatch modes
- Game/mod selection – “Battle Arena”, “Classic Deathmatch”, etc.
- An improved user interface to help monitor your force’s HP, MP, orders, etc.
— Simon (Synival)