After one year of development, QuadraDigger is planned for release!
Grab it on April 28th for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Get ready for an explosive new take on the classic falling-blocks genre! QuadraDigger is a frenetic game of speed and strategy with exciting new mechanics to tax your reflexes and improvisation. Armed with sticky, nitroglycerine-infused blocks, you have a single goal: Blast your way to the center of the Earth! Adept placement will be rewarded with compound explosions and massive points.
Push your skills to the limit with sadistic difficulty levels, multiple game modes, and multiplayer with up to 4 players!
Unlike similar games in this genre, your blocks will not fall down, they can be moved in any direction, and they can be stuck to anything on the side or from below. There’s a catch, though: the pit is rising slowly and if you run out of room for more blocks, it’s game over. The game also does not stop while clearing blocks, so you’d better not take any breaks to watch the carnage if your plan is to win. After you’ve won, savor your victory by watching the replay at 4x speed!
This game features multiple game modes:
- Micro-manage your blocks in a confined space in the bite-sized Micro Pit Mode
- Enjoy the slower turn-based gameplay of Classic Mode
- Chill out and relax with low-gravity Lunar Mode
- See how long you can last in Time Survival Mode
Also, rumors exist of a mode so difficult that not even the developers could conquer it. Do you have what it takes?
Would you like to play QuadraDigger today?
We’re offering mobile beta keys until February 6th, 11:59pm PST.
Click here to join the beta now!
We’re shooting to get QuadraDigger on steam by April 28th.
Toss us a vote on Steam Greenlight to help make it happen!
Currently, the desktop ports of QuadraDigger have a few extra features compared to the mobile version:
- Manic local cooperative multiplayer for almost all game modes.
- Gamepad support.
We want to make this list much bigger once the game is greenlit for Steam. Here are some of the extra features we’d like to tackle:
- 2-4 player competitive modes
- Landscape mode UI for desktop ports + wide tablets
- “Puzzle Mode” with hand-made levels
- Custom theme packs
- Online replay sharing
- Global online scoreboards
Follow QuadraDigger on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for the latest updates and news in the world of blowing up dirt:
Special thanks to:
- Portland Indie Game Squad (PIGSQUAD) for all their support, awesome community, hard work, and rockin’ live events.
- Miles for putting up with my manic work schedule for many years.
- Emily for all her help and encouragement in bringing QuadraDigger to life.
- Lang for all his awesome content that I still can’t put into a game 🙁
- CJ for his dedication to Baroque Creations, QuadraDigger, and his contributions to the game’s vision.
- My wife Hayley for supporting me while I hack video games all day every day for years and years.
I think that’s about it. Hope you decide to join the mobile beta! Otherwise, have fun blowing stuff up on April 28th.